The Great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt
Such an amazing history, combined with facts, does the Great Pyramids of Giza portray. Not surprised it’s mentioned as “Great”. Yes it’s indeed great.
It was built by the Egyptians, dated back to 4600 years ago, during the reign of Khufu. No wonder it is sometimes referred to as, the Pyramid of Khufu.
The pyramids, is situated at Giza city, Giza Greater, Cairo in Egypt. Located in the middle egypt region.
One could ask, what could be the purpose of building the pyramids? The pyramids of Giza were built to house the remains of the deceased pharoahs who ruled over Ancient Egypt.
Now we are going to know the Amazing facts and features of the Great Pyramids of Giza .
What an amazing features does it portray:
- It is among the seven wonders of the Ancient World and also the Oldest and only one to remain intact.
- It was the tallest man-made structure in the world, for more than 3,800 years.
- Pyramid took 20 years to construct, with a workforce of over 100,000 labourers.
- The 3 basic pyramids on the Giza plateau, were built on the historical knowledge of 3 generations, by the rulers, Khufu, Khape and Menkaure, having a royal mortuary complex.
- It has a burial chamber, located in the centre of the structure, accessible by climbing up to a tight lane passerby walk.
- It has 3 known chambers. The low chamber, Queen’s chamber and King’s Chamber.
- It has underground tunnels.
- The structure measures 707.75 ft(216 metres on each side, and was originally 471 feet, 143 metres) high.
- It structure points to the north, Being 147 metres tall.
- The Great historian, Herodotus was one of the first major authors to discuss about the Great Pyramids in one of his books.
Many also refer to the pyramids as a Royal tomb, which was built for 3 different pharoahs.
Going on a tour visit at the Great Pyramids of Giza would be a fantastic one. Such a beautiful structure, that contains solid masses of stones which are not uniform in size or shape.
By Nwokedimkpa ChideraFOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA