How to make Nigerian jollof rice
The Nigerian jollof rice can be cooked in several ways and enjoyed by everyone. how the food is being cooked or the method used in cooking the food doesn’t really matter. All thatactually matters is that at the end of the day you have yourself a good nutritious jollof rice.
So today will be teaching how to make jollof rice.
Jollof rice is a rich west African delicacy mostly eaten in Nigeria, Ghana, Syria Leone and Liberia.
The meal Is the most common and one of the easiest to cook especially in Nigeria.
- Five cups per-boiled rice
- Tomato (fresh and paste)
- Fresh pepper
- Seasoning cubes
- Fry your blended fresh tomato and onion until partly dry
- Add your blended fresh pepper allow for about 2 minutes while stirring
- Add your blended ginger and garlic
- Add thyme and curry
- Do not forget your seasoning cubes
- Pour your parboiled rice and stir making sure that the whole rice grain is covered by the sauce.
- Cover the pot and allow the food to boil. Then reduce the heat and allow until rice is tender and almost dry.
- Stir again and serve your delicious jollof rice with grilled chicken, beef or fish.
By Blessing Chimchetam Ogueri